Port Operations- Manager
Experience : 10+ Years
Key Skills : Port Operations, Vessel Planning, Budgeting
Diversified GroupApply Now
25,000 USD TO 31,000 USD
Job Responsibilities:We are hiring for the position of Port Operations-Manager with a diversified group for Africa(Gabon)
Provides the operating direction for the port, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met.
1. Directs activities of port staff engaged in stevedoring, gate operations, yard operations, vessel planning, general cargo and liquid.
- Assists in setting goals and objectives for the port.
- Guides subordinates in resolving obstacles so that goals can be met.
- Analyzes performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures good communications between Maintenance and port operations to minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensures good communications throughout workgroup and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
(1.) Ensures work groups hold regular meetings with their staffs.
(2.) Distributes information memorandums on current issues.
(3.) Practices management “by walking around” to observe and obtain feedback about
conditions, issues, and general environment.
2. Manages the Operations budget.
- Monitors overtime costs.
- Monitors general expenditures.
- Participates in financial reviews.
- Identifies areas of cost reduction, when feasible.
3. Provides reliable service to customers, ensuring vessels sail on schedule regularly.
- Monitors productivity levels to ensure efficient stevedoring operations.
- Reviews berthing windows with customers to ensure service levels are being met.
- Ensures appropriate manpower is available to provide adequate gangs/staffing in order to stevedore vessels.
- Ensures procedures are in place to correct service failures in loading and discharging vessels.
4. Ensures safety, health and environmental standards are met throughout the operation.
- Ensures monthly safety briefings are conducted at various levels of the operations group.
- Ensures all accidents/injuries are investigated thoroughly and reviews them with the management team.
5. Ensures that company policies overall are applied consistently and fairly within the Operations Group.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager to obtain clarification, direction, and consultation regarding country labor law, company policy and procedures, and consistent application.
- Ensures operation staff is familiar with company policies, country labor law, and the procedures for implementing and maintaining consistent applications.
- Reviews discipline within the work group to ensure fairness and consistency, and meeting the test of reasonableness.
- Meets with employees whenever necessary to clarify and discuss policy, procedures, and rules issues.
6. Provides supervision and direction for Operation including the following:
- Oversees the appropriate staffing levels, including hiring and promoting, within projected manpower plan.
- When openings occur in the department, oversees the selection process. Participates in interviews and selection decisions as appropriate.
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts for casual labor requirements.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular & annual, appraisals.
- Counsels subordinates, up to and including discipline or termination recommendations.
- Follows company management policies and procedures in the application of managing subordinates.
- Participates in career plan development for subordinates.
Desired Candidate ProfileExperience: 10+ Years
Qualification: Any Graduate
Company Profile:Diversified Group. Apply Now
Africa | 27 Jobs in Africa